To our community, our amazing volunteers, the organizations that supported us, vendors, ASL interpreters, performers, every single one of you online: THANK YOU. We couldn’t do this without you. This was an amazing event, and we couldn’t be more proud and grateful.
We hope you join us again next year! Feel free to send suggestions our way, or even better: help us make this happen! Just throw us a line: email@example.com
Keep in touch with the amazing artists that rocked the Dyke March stage:
- Queer as Funk - Queer As Funk is Vancouver’s own queer soul/motown/funk band. Check them out on Facebook and give ‘em a thumb up: https://www.facebook.com/qafunk
- Melissa Endean - Born and raised in a small town British Columbia, Melissa Endean grew up surrounded by country and bluegrass music. She began performing early, singing alongside her grandfather, an accomplished musician in his own right, who once performed with the legendary Johnny Cash. She has released 2 full length albums which have received world-wide radio play. Her 2009 single “Let it Go” topped Eastern Canadian music charts for 6 successive weeks, peaking in the #2 position. Check out her music:
https://www.facebook.com/melissaendeanmusic and http://www.melissaendean.ca
- DJ Kasha Kennedy - As her twitter bio says, Kasha is the duchess of beats.
Check her out on Sound Cloud: http://m.soundcloud.com/djkashakennedy. She also tweets: https://twitter.com/DJKashaKennedy
- Fake Moustache - a Dyke March Favourite! These kings can get the crowd going like no others. Show your appreciation on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FakeMustacheDrag
- Eirene Cloma - Eirene Cloma is a multi-genre musician from North Vancouver, BC. She is primarily a guitarist with a classical, Latin, and jazz background. Alongside a large musicianship, she is an army Reservist who has deployed twice, a business student, a community radio programmer, and an avid supporter of solidarity work and anti-oppression work. Check her work: http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Eirene-Cloma
- Leaping Thespians - Leaping Thespians is an award winning woman’s theatre group bringing stories of lesbians’ lives to anyone who will watch. The company debuted in Nelson in the 1980′s, and now resides in Vancouver BC, Canada. We started Leaping Thespians because we have to create the plays we want to see, since lesbians need entertainment too. We like to produce original work and nurture emerging talents on stage and behind the scenes. Give’em your thumbs up on FB! https://www.facebook.com/leapingthespians
Hi all, welcome to the new Vancouver Dyke March website. We’ll be uploading content very soon. In the meantime, check our facebook page and Follow us on Twitter to keep up with the marchers! Wanna throw us a line? Do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
This 2013 is our 10 year anniversary, (we are calling it The Dyke Decade *wink wink*) so keep an eye on our channels for our monthly events. This will be one of our greatest years ever!
Just check out last year’s! This photo was taken by @jonnysopotiuk, kudos for the great great shot.